Thursday, July 12, 2012

At the Races...

This evening was Preview Night at SDCC for those lucky few that were able to snag a ticket in the online mess that stood in for ticket sales in March this year, and for those who volunteered last year - I, sadly, am not one of those. BUT I did pick up my OFFICIAL SDCC VOLUNTEER BADGE!! (I know, right!? You think you're excited....)

I asked for the earliest assignment I could get, and as far as I know I am to report at 9am tomorrow, and there I will be in a pool of volunteers to be dispatched as needed. Which, in my mind sounded kinda...well...wet and downright scary! I mean, I'm still young - I'm not ready to be dispatched, and especially not in a pool of...gasp!.... VOLUNTEERS!!!

But I digress...


As for where and what I am doing tomorrow, your guess is as good as mine. (I am NOT going out without a fight though!) See you bright and early tomorrow as I begin my transformation into a SDCC volunteer!

*Thanks to my great friend across the Pond Darren "Dhee" Burr for the mention in his popular weekly comics blog on Forever Geek! Visit Dhee's column every Wednesday for his unique take on what's what in comic books, and stay for Forever Geek's wide range of articles and commentary written for the Geek in all of us.
(No, I did not get paid for that. That there was pure altruism, yesssiree....)

Goodnight all.

No comments:

Post a Comment